- ESP: Extra-Simple Programming with
self-prompting large alphanumeric LCD display makes this controller easy to program, read
- Four independent programs (A-, B-, C-, and
D-drip), with six start times each, allow mixed irrigation applications in a single
- 365-day calendar with leap year
intelligence for one-time date and time setting.
- Non-volatile program memory maintains
users program during a power outage independent of the battery backup.
- Removable, battery-programmable panel for
the convenience of both programming instruction and programming prior to installation.
- Four cycle modes (CUSTOM, CYCLICAL, ODD,
or EVEN) selectable for each program for maximum flexibility.
- Event-Day-Off option to set any day of the
month as a non-watering day for all programs accommodates special occasions and special
- Programmable Delay-Between-Stations
provides time for water well recovery or time for slow-closing valves to turn off
- Start time stacking prevents hydraulic
- Variable test program for system
- Water budgeting by program from 0 to 300%
in 1% increments makes seasonal adjustments quick and easy.
- Programmable rain delay enables system to
stay off for specified period with an auto-restart.
- Sensor inputs and override switch with LED
indicate when irrigation is suspended
- Master valve/pump start circuit,
programmable by station, for optimal irrigation control.
- D-drip program can run simultaneously with
program A, B or C to maximize hydraulic capacity and minimize watering time.
- Diagnostic circuit breaker and LED fault
indicator identify electrical shorts, skip shorted stations, and continue irrigation cycle
- Battery recharging circuit maintains fully
charged Ni-MH backup battery (included) to keep current time and date during a power
- Surge protection, backed by a 3-year
lightning warranty, makes the controller reliable and robust under extreme field
- Heavy-duty 1.25A
external, plug-in style
transformer on the ESP-LXi+ indoor version provides convenient installation.
- Includes easy-to-mount, heavy-duty plastic
cabinet with key-lockable door and swing-out, quick release face panel, as well as all
internal wiring (no junction box needed), for clean-looking, professional installation.
- Remote Ready connector compatible with
Rain Bird's multi-function (RMX-1 system)
- Rapid Station Test Routine (RASTER)
enables the controller to diagnose and troubleshoot field wiring, solenoid, and controller
problems quickly and easily.
- Special Fuse Circuitry detects and
displays when a fuse has blown.
- UL and CUL Listed; FCC, CE and C-Tick
- Station timing: 0 to 12 hours for all
stations (0 to 16 hours with water budgeting); 0 to 120 minutes selectable in 1-minute
increments; above 120 minutes selectable in 10-minute increments
- Automatic starts: 6 starts per day for
each program, available on the quarter hour (total of 24 start times)
- Independent programming schedule options:
1. ODD day watering (per program)
2. EVEN day watering
3. CYCLICAL (1 to 31
days, variable per program)
4. CUSTOM (weekly
schedule variable per program)
- Input required: 117 VAC ▒ 10%, 60 Hz
- Output: 26.5 VAC, 1.5A (1.25A on
- Diagnostic circuit breaker skips and
indicates stations with overloaded circuits and continues to run operable stations
- Overload, backup fuse: 1.5A SLO-BLO (1.25A
SLO-BLO on ESP-LXi+)
- Battery backup: 9V Ni-MH rechargeable
battery (included) for programming under battery power and maintaining program current
time and date during power outages
- Station Capacity: Up to two 24 VAC, 7VA
solenoid valves per station plus a master valve or pump start relay
- Electrical surge protection: Primary input
side has built-in MOV (metal oxide varistor) to protect micro circuitry; output side has
one built-in MOV for each valve station
- Width: 9 1/2" (24,1
- Height: 10 1/4"
- Depth: 4 3/8" (11,1